In the blink of an eye, 26 weeks have flashed by and we’re already at the mid-year point. At the start of the year, I posted a partially owned, partially mock-portfolio that I said I would throw out there on the “twitter-world” and let it ride. No new buys, no sells and no rules – just ride the ups and down on 13 stocks that I felt were poised for big things in the 2013.
Here are the results at the end of Week #26 for my #13for2013 portfolio:
- 11 of the 13 stocks show a gain
- Collectively the group of 13 stocks is up 18%
- The 11 positive stocks are up an average of 28.54%
- 9 of the 13 stocks have current gains above 20%
- Comparatively, the Dow, S&P, and NASDAQ are all up between 12% and 14% so this mock buy-and-hold portfolio easily beat the market averages
- Several of the stocks hit performance highs much greater than their current levels, for example, FLT and LNKD peaked above 60% while SLCA peaked above 50%.
- Two stocks bombed out with RAX a total bust, currently down 49%.
All-in-all, it’s a solid portfolio of stocks as we stand here today. Take a look at the performance snapshot and daily (year-to-date) charts below. Several of these stocks will make my 2nd Half #13for2103 portfolio, because I believe their upside still has more to come.
Disclosure: as of today, I own shares in INVN, DNKN and V.
Portfolio Prices on January 1, 2013:
$DDD – 35.57
$DNKN – 33.18
$FLT – 53.65
$INVN – 11.11
$KORS – 51.03
$LNKD – 114.82
$MOV – 30.68
$NTSP – 11.82
$RAX – 74.27
$SCCO – 37.86
$SLCA – 16.73
$SSYS – 80.15
$V – 151.58