I want to thank everyone that attended my workshop at The Traders Expo New York:
How to Make Money Trading Part Time
The turnout was fantastic as it appeared to be standing room only within the first 10 minutes of the workshop. I discussed profitable techniques of how to build a successful stock watch list using quality fundamental and technical screening methods in your spare time. Case studies in the form of chart examples were studied interactively to identify and teach how to spot major market trends and successfully trade watch list candidates, both long and short. We discussed how to trade in situations when the odds are in our favor by properly employing risk management strategies such as position sizing.
It was explained that this method exclusively uses after market data which allows you to focus on your career, family, and friends or anything else but a computer during the typical working day. A half hour per night or a few hours on the weekend is all you need to consistently grow your wealth using these techniques.
Workshop slides can be found through this link in PDF format (please note that the case studies won’t work properly in static PDF format – the PDF is not interactive):
In the coming days and weeks, I will be posting the individual slides from this workshop while expanding on the lessons from each.
Until then, review these posts for some of the topics that I will expand upon:
- Position Sizing and Expectancy
- The Holy Grail of Trading: It’s not your System
- How to Create a Successful Stock Watch List
- Fundamental Screens and Scans
- Focus on Decisions, Not Outcomes
- Position Size to Determine How Many Shares to Buy
- Trading Mistakes: Avoid at all Costs
- How to Calculate a Stock’s Pivot Point
- Do Not use Fundamental Analysis Alone!
- How to Short a Stock
- Learn to Focus when Investing
- Point and Figure Charts
I look forward to the next workshop, thank you again!